.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rain In A Rusty Bucket

It's what makes the bucket Rusty... and by the way, if you see Rusty tell her to write.

Monday, March 14, 2005

Conservative Muslim

I'm philosophical, I like language... I like idle questions, especially potentially controversial ones (mom might say I'm a bit of a "shit disturber" for that...)

So this term came to me and I was wondering. Which is the conservative Muslim? Is the conservative Muslim pro-terrorist? Or against the terrorists?

Are they peace loving, do they tolerate or not tolerate? What does this word conservative mean anyway? What about a liberal Muslim?

Are fundamentalists extremely conservative, or merely fanatical... out on a wing not shared by anyone of reason?

4 Comments:

Blogger Shinobi said...

Wouldn't that be the same as saying a conservative Catholic? Redundant.

Cause it really has to do with the level to which they agree with their religion and what sects they agree with. I think there are more than 2, but that seems to be hard for the westerners to follow.

I do think that the sects that are terrorists would be similar to the Waco texas guys or the people who blow up Abortion Clinics. They are just crazy.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Pyrrho said...

nice to see you here shinobi.

I think you're right... what made me curious about this thought is the fact that it's an interesting mix... what does conservative mean? are conservatives from different groups enemies? are the liberals of those different groups enemies?

I'm not too fond of the "liberal" vs. "conservative" way of describing differences in politics... I think it's counter productive. This seems to be a case that may, in my mind at least, illustrate some of the reasons why.

but I can't quite put my finger on it.

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was taught early that conservatives liked the status quo and that liberals were for change (progressive), but I suppose that it depends on what the status quo is.

ps: I'm glad to see you're posting more regularly. (especially after you gave Hubris such a hard time)

I like your posts here and I especially like your balanced views at cabal, spinsanity. Your comments as well as AT on Hubris are the most likely to crack me up.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Pyrrho said...

ebird,

thanks.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home