.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rain In A Rusty Bucket

It's what makes the bucket Rusty... and by the way, if you see Rusty tell her to write.

Monday, November 15, 2004

Timely Question

I think this would be a good time to ask how Republicans would like to be treated as opposition the next time they are not in control of all the wings of government. How would they like Democrats (or an as yet to be imagined party) to run, say, the CIA? How would they like their ideas treated should the voters they represent fall a few percent short?

The question is: What is the role of an opposition? What compromises are owed, if any, to a powerless super minority including tens of millions of American voters?

Mind you, I'm not personally asking for any concessions... conservatives won, I think the Republic will survive and hope it succeed and prospers, and I think that it will overall. But I'd rather ask this now than after it happens. As a bleeding heart, I might err and give too much play to the losing side, perhaps it's better to merely marginalize the losers? What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home