.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rain In A Rusty Bucket

It's what makes the bucket Rusty... and by the way, if you see Rusty tell her to write.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I'm an atheist Christian

Perhaps it's no suprise. But I believe the message of Christ. Oh sure, I'm an atheist... but the message of Christ is about our fellow man.

And really, like Christ, I'm a bit of a cynic in terms of sin, I think we have all sinned. Not back to Adam and Even from eating a peach (nudge nudge wink wink know what I mean know what I mean), but actual post-birth unoriginal sins. Screw ups. Double crosses. Lies, travesty and shame. Quite a broadway shows worth. My theory is if you know some one well enough then you have met madness.

It sounds rather depressing in a british sort of, oh dear, sort of way, but no. Not for Christ and me. It's rather inspiring, because it was getting rather tedious, you know, the fronting, stressful, dear oh dear, and it requires reams of blue thread. And really, all we really wanted was to do the best we could and you know, come to think of it we didn't know there was anything wrong with dropping the ball every once in a while. (Just relaxing in the jungle).

But the point is I believe all people are flawed, and it's not bad news, because that means things can get better, there is room for the progress that looks so sorely needed when one looks at the big picture. Eureka, we've found the source of the problem in the big picture! It's people! All fucked up! Should have thought of that ages ago. Whoopee! Of course this is all ages ago.

but you have to love them. People I mean. And why? because they are fuzzy little animals. People are nothing but fuzzy little cute little animals and some of em are frisky and some of them are sanguine and some of them like to cuddle and some of them piss a lot. And you have to love em because they are cute in their twisted little ways. And when they tell me what my problem is, that's nice of them to try to help me improve like that, even though they're usually wrong. Though I have to disagree, it's not the thought that counts, but the action.

But it is what we need, and if you ask me, Christ's message of everyone being screwed up and also everyone can do better. His message, going along with that theme, of tolerance, especially for those that would love to progress, to do better, is wicked cool. I dig totally this groovy concept. Yes! Tell it Jesus! You are cool! I thought that was hype!

I just don't plan to go to Church. Those guys don't really, I mean... I don't know myself, I could be wrong about Christ... perhaps he thought we were all perfect and would never get any better... maybe a prankster took all the "not"s out of the Bible and made it all topsy turvy sometime in the last dozen or so centuries.

I don't mean to be blasphemous but you know what I mean, right? There are lots of versions of the bible. Lots of people got their human hands on it. Whole books of Christianity were not included, or so I've heard. But if the ones I have read are any indication, while it's a bit racy in many parts, if one looks through all the perspectives on Christ what comes out in common seems to be this message of ubuiquitous love and tolerance for all that would improve their lot and turn over a new leaf, that is to all things willing to make progress.

And that is what I mean when I say I'm progressive.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dean said...

Nice Diary Pyrrho. I used to be reactionary against Christianity and am no longer that way.. it's interesting to think of Jesus as a philosopher or a psychologist.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home